Effective Date: May 15, 2018
Music Education LLC's legal address, registration code, and other details are found on the Contact Page.
- PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Using our services requires registering a user account. We have three choices for creating an account. Depending on how you prefer to register and login (via Google, Facebook, Custom login) we may get to know your name, e-mail address, and gender. If you are using our services as a teacher, then we collect the same information from your students and their parents.
- If you upload content to your teacher account, then this can be associated with your personal information described in the previous section (1). In other words, you cannot hide your content from us. However, we are not viewing individual accounts for different reasons than customer support.
- If you are a student and make audio recordings on our system, then those recordings can also be associated with your personal information described in the section (1). That applies for most attempts, not only to the recordings that you have submitted to your teacher.
- HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- Mostly we use the user information anonymously, i.e. not going down to the personal level. The generalised data is usually enough to improve the service and understand how users move within our system.
- When you contact us to get technical support, then we will take a look at your account and when it's necessary, also your student's or teacher's account.
- WHEN AND WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- By default, we are not sharing any personally identifiable information with third parties.
- We may disclose personal information to third parties to help detect illegal activities. For instance, when you upload content that infringes copyright, then we may have a legal obligation to pass your personal information to the authorities.
- HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED?
- We will retain your personal information as long as is permitted by applicable laws or as long as necessary to achieve the purpose of storage of such information, whichever is shorter. If a storage purpose is not applicable, or if a storage period prescribed by the legislator expires, the personal data will be routinely blocked or erased by legal requirements.
- If you tell us that you want all your personally identifiable information erased from our system, then we will do so.
- Technically, your data is stored on the servers of the service providers that we have chosen to work with (such as AWS). Therefore we only have limited control over the storage or deletion of any data.
- MARKETING MESSAGES
- Registering an account with us will not mean that we have the right to send you marketing messages. We will ask the permission separately.